9 Aug 2013

Mutant Squad - Titanomakhia (2013)

Mutant Squad - Titanomakhia

I will be honest and say that I didn’t listen to any new thing in Thrash Metal for like more than 10 years. I am talking about material from the real past days of the big four or even big five and I will not write the names of the bands because everybody knows the Big Four is actually the Big Five. For me there was no point, because I thought that Thrash Metal has reached its maximum ability. Correct me if I’m wrong but from “Rust in Peace” by MEGADETH, and on, there was not a really good Thrash Metal album, however I will be happy to stand corrected by you guys my loyal fans, so please do.

MUTANT SQUAD, hailing from Spain, after releasing an EP, here comes their debut. It’s time for celebration; first album is always the hardest to take out. However don’t forget that there is also the cursive second album syndrome.

Checking out for a moment, I thought about questions while checking online for how come Thrash bands tend to name themselves around themes concerning Zombies or rotting corpses mixed with nuclear winters. Was MEGADETH’s 1990’s relic the cause for that? Interesting.

After babbling for 300 words at last I will head for “Titanomakhia”. Upfront, I was surprised. If that’s the way Thrash Metal sounds nowadays, I was missing quite a lot. “Titanomakhia” is a powerful mass of Thrash with some amazing guitar works and peppy tempos. Vocals are with no remorse and straightforward. Damn, I really enjoyed this piece of mutant shit.

It all started from the first song “Overdose”, when suddenly I was struck by lightning or it was the high volume on my VLC player? I wasn’t ready for the guitar attack, again it was a surprise, MUTANT SQUAD didn’t from start till end, therefore I was in game.

No doubt that MUTANT SQUAD returned my belief in this kind of Metal or maybe I just happy to listen to Thrash after more than a decade. You will be the judge, it was  an amazing experience.

copas from http://www.metal-temple.com/site/catalogues/entry/reviews/cd_3/m_2/mutant-squad.htm

Tracklist:
1. Overdose
2. Dead man Wade
3. Rage Of Ohms
4. The Third Eye
5. Blood Over Neo Tokyo
6. Titanomakhia
7. Cult Of Ignorance
8. Mutants Will Rise

TKP

password : my nymph

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...